Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Randomness for a random day

Yesterday and Monday, eating the french way went pretty well. Today, not so well. I can definitely tell that boredom leads me to snacking. Recognizing this is important in preventing random snacking. I really need to be watching portions. That is a big deal with this change in diet. Monday and Tuesday dinner portions were a bit big. Every other meal portion size has been pretty reasonable.

On the music topic; things have changed a bit. My interest in the Backstreet Boys is diminishing, much to the pleasure I am sure, of my husband and rock loving sister! I still like them, but I don't think I would classify them as one of my top ten favorite groups. Maybe I am just getting older, maybe the group's dynamics have changed too much with one of the members leaving the group, who knows. The Eagles are probably my number one favorite right now. I am searching, with little success, for the live version of Hotel California on Amazon MP3 downloads. I'll take suggestions from anyone who knows where I might be able to buy it. The truly live version starts out with a Spanish(?) trumpet solo that is sooo cool.

On the writing topic-I am about to make mass revisions to a story I am writing. It'll be interesting and a challenge because I am basically recasting 90% of the story. Why? well the original characters are not working very well. I am running into problems and honestly, I don't like a few of them! In the end, this change will give me more flexibility, but the next week or so will be a bit of a challenge as I am still developing the replacement cast. The original cast was five friends who were living in Kansas and Florida over a two year period with some flashbacks. It will be the same story line for the most part with five new people. Part of me is tempted to drop the number down to four to make things simpler. We'll see if that happens. Another challenge and something I feel is bad form is creating characters to fit a situation that is already written. I will probably have to make some plot revisions as well so that my characters can develop their own personalities. I guess I'll just have to see what happens.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The album you want is Hell Freezes Over. You can buy it used pretty cheap on Amazon, but I'd ask Dad if he has it first.