Sunday, March 16, 2008

Too much?

It's been a while since I've blogged, sorry. I know it would probably be best if I stuck with one topic, but there is so much to say! First of all, my exciting news. I have been accepted at KU. Yah! I will start this fall and hopefully by spring semester I will be applying for the school of education. That one will be a challenge from what I hear, but I plan to work hard and I am sure I will be fine. I am just going to focus on this school stuff one step at a time. I don't really have any other interesting news. I've been watching the big 12 tournament somewhat. Missouri was out in the first round. They didn't play well at all and didn't deserve to go on, but I am still disappointed. I do still love Mizzou, even though I am a Jayhawk now. I actually though OSU would come in and win it all, but they didn't. I am happy to see KU is still in it against Texas. It'll be a good game. Apparently, it has been the same match up for the last three years, Texas winning every time. Well, not THIS time! KU will hopefully win this time.

Last time I posted, I presented a story idea. That and pretty much all my other writing has gone to the back burner if not fallen behind the stove. I hope this spring and summer to try to wrap up at least ONE of my stories.

My interest in the political race is fading. I have really lost support for Hillary ever since she bashed Obama, then when things weren't going well for her, she and Bill asked Obama to run with her as her VP. I support her as senator of New York, I support her as a woman for choice, but her current campaign tactics are less than impressive. I question Ralph Nader and what he thinks he is doing, jumping into the race now. I don't blame him for Gore losing in 2000. That is just ridiculous. Still, I don't know anything about him even though I have heard interviews with him and been to his site. All I know is that he is supposedly offering things that Hillary, Obama and McCain aren't. Well....isn't that what every politician would say?? Moving on to McCain, you know, I don't really like the guy. He is too conservative for my tastes. I wish there was a liberal republican running. That'll be the day I guess! I actually do believe in a lot of what the republican party is supposed to be about. Some how though, throughout the years, the party has lost sight of that and now it seems as though most republicans and conservative religious types -not all republicans, but a lot of them. As for Obama. I'll probably vote for him. I have high hopes in him. I hope he won't let me down. All I care about are the following: end the war in Iraq, improve international relations, lets focus on improving the environment and finding alternative fuel sources ASAP, up hold Roe v. Wade in its original form, revoke the No Child Left Behind act, improve the education system in ways other than mandatory testing and fining schools, raise the minimum wage, reduce if not eliminate the national debt and last but not least get us out of this recession. It's no short list, I know, but there are millions of people in America, why can't we get some of this accomplished? I didn't mention health care or social security. Those are both big issues I know, but I honestly have no ideas or answers for either of them. I guess that is enough political talk anyways!

I have a few new songs that I've really taken a liking to. Mainly Freebird by Lynard Skynard. I love the guitar in the last half of the song. I am not a huge fan of Lynard Skynard, but I do love a few of their songs. I also have taken a liking to Happiness Is A Warm Gun, mainly because that song is all over the place. It starts out soft, then gets weird, then gets really upbeat. That's the Beatles for you I guess! I also recently bought 1000 Julys by Third Eye Blind. I was really into them in 2004, and played my CD of 1000 Julys so many times it wore out, but now i have it on MP3 so it'll last longer! I am still looking to get the actual LIVE version of Hotel California. I've tried downloading it, but it never is the right one with the guitar intro. That is the bad thing about Amazon downloads with this song, the song sample plays the popular part of the song so I can never tell which version I am getting. (there is more than one live version) As you can tell I am into 70s rock right now. It's fun!

I guess I'll wrap this up for now. It is well after midnight so Happy Palm Sunday to all and I promise to blog again soon!!

1 comment:

Meghan said...

Yeah, I butchered the spelling of lynyrd skynyrd. My bad